What will you serve with butternut squash soup tonight? This article is crammed with brilliant suggestions to pump fresh life back into soup night with enticing side dishes.
Soup needs a sidekick. Like salt needs pepper. When soup is on the menu, without fail you will be asked, “Soup and …?”
If you have been frantic about what to serve with butternut squash soup, stress no more. The best types of food to serve with butternut squash soup are breads, sandwiches, salads, finger foods, and meat dishes. Oh, and don’t forget the soup toppings.
In this article you will find the best ideas for side dishes to serve with creamy butternut squash soup. Try a few out and see which ones your family drools over.
Any type of bread can hang out with hearty soup. They are better together. With the plethora of bread choices, your butternut squash soup meal will always feel fresh.
Want even more bread ideas, check out the best breads to serve with butternut squash soup. Over 30 delicious ideas.
How many times have you ordered a ½ soup, ½ sandwich combo at your favorite restaurant? Now serve that combination yourself with a scrumptious sandwich and a bowl of soup.
All kinds of cheese compliment butternut squash recipes, so watch out. Sandwiches with cheese, coming your way.
Salad and Veggie Ideas
Make your butternut squash soup complete with even more veggies. A hearty salad or a medley of roasted vegetables will be delicious with flavorful soup.
Finger Food Ideas
Finger foods are fun. Finger foods add interest. Finger foods create community. Munch on these scrumptious finger food ideas.
Best Meat Side Dishes for Butternut Squash Soup
Sometimes you need a little meat to make a butternut squash soup meal more filling. Especially if you are feeding active teenage boys.
Try a few of these meat side dish ideas to discover which ones are the most satisfying as a side to soup.
And there you have it. A comprehensive list to consult when wondering what to serve with butternut squash soup. Comment below to let me know your favorite soup side.
Best Soup Toppings
- Dollop of sour cream
- Cheese -- either melty cheese (like cheddar) or crumbly (like feta cheese)
- Nuts and seeds -- like sesame seeds, pine nuts, or roasted pumpkin seeds
- Fresh herbs -- like parsley or basil
- Onions -- green or red onions or caramelized onions
Hungry for More Soup?
Soup can be a main course or a side. Check out this selection and find your new go-to soup.
More Side Dish Ideas
You will love these popular side dish serving suggestions.
- Bean burrito side dishes (in addition to rice).
- Side dishes for chicken chili. A variety of breads, sandwiches, salads, and finger foods to enliven your chili meal.
- Best bread for soup. Get tons of ideas for side dishes to serve with any kind of soup. You can also check out what to serve with pumpkin soup.
- Incredible sides for turkey soup.